How Woofin’ It is Keeping You, Your Fur-babies, and Our Team Safe During the COVID-19 Pandemic:
By now, we are clearly aware of the dangers that the Coronavirus poses within our community. Health and Government officials have mandated us to practice social distancing and to only go out for essential items.
That being said, you may be wondering:
- Can you can use a dog walker or pet services safely while still practicing social distancing?
- Will you be able to find pet care if you are an essential worker?
- Is it okay to hire a Pet Concierge even though I’m working from home?
The answer to all of those questions is…yes! As a Pet Concierge service, Woofin’ It is still up and running to help care for your fur-babies.
Since we are still open and providing services, all of us at Woofin’ It are taking additional special precautions to make sure our team and clients stay healthy and safe.
Social Distancing and Your Pet Care
The best way to limit the spread of COVID-19 is to practice social distancing as much as possible. So, how can you do that when hiring a Pet Concierge?
We have continued to help those in need, such as people in the healthcare, retail, and other essential industries and for people that are simply medically unable to care for their pets at this time.
We understand that if you are working from home, your pups still need exercise during the day. We can take your dog for their walks to keep you focused on your job. This will help minimize the distraction of your pup begging you for attention.
To continue the practice of social distancing, we ask that you have your dog out in the backyard or garage for pickup. If you do not have a yard or garage, we ask that you leave the leash and other supplies near the front door for easy access.
We also ask that you do not greet us at the door if you are home.
Health Measures Implemented to Keep Our Team and Clients Safe
Although Woofin’ It already had standard health and safety procedures in place, our Pet Concierge’s are following these additional guidelines laid out below:
- Wash hands frequently, before and after each visit.
- Use disinfectant wipes and/or spray on all door knobs, crates, leashes/harnesses, and other areas that are touched before and after each visit.
- Use our own leashes, if possible.
- Use hand sanitizer in vehicles before and after each visit, even after washing hands.
- Continue practicing social distancing to and from client visits and outside of work hours.
Notify admin right away if they are not feeling well, and are required to stay home.
Please know that the safety of our clients and team is our top priority. If you have any suggestions or safety concerns, feel free to contact us!